2. Sources of Personal Data.
We collect Personal Data about you:
- when you provide such information directly to us;
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services;
- when third parties provide us with Personal Data about you (“Third Parties”), which Third Parties include service providers (for example, we may use analytics service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support)
3. Categories of Personal Data we collect.
4. How we use your Personal Data.
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services, including the following purposes:
- to meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us;
- to communicate with you about the Services, including Services announcements, updates or offers;
- to provide support and assistance for the Services;
- to personalize website content and communications based on your preferences;
- to process orders or other transactions;
- to respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests;
- to improve and develop the Services, including testing, research, analysis and product development;
- to protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services;
- to comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- for any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
As noted in the list above, we may communicate with you if you have provided us the means to do so. For example, if you have given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How we share your Personal Data.
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
- detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction;
- performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider;
- to comply with subpoenas, court orders, and other requests required by law;
- undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or control.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
a. Service providers, including:
- Certain vendors, including payment processors;
- Security and fraud prevention consultants;
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers;
- Analytics providers;
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel.
b. Other parties at your direction:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services);
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Services;
- Other parties authorized by you.
6. Data security and retention.
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data. You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; and limiting access to your computer or device and browser. Although we work to protect the security of your account and other data that we hold in our records, please be aware that no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any data you share with us, and except as expressly required by law, we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.